Physiotherapy is the treatment of any disease; deformity or malfunctions, by distinct therapeutic measures like exercises, heat etc. and has, over the years, gained vast acceptance as a sophisticated and essential medical technology. In short Physiotherapy is a broadened branch of modern science; novel in approach, grand in status and proven in it's effectiveness which strives not only for the improved functional status of the patient but for his improved quality of life too.
The department offers comprehensive services in areas of:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy in Dermatology
- Physiotherapy in Geriatrics
- Neuro rehabilitation Unit
- Physiotherapy in Orthopaedics
- Physiotherapy in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Pain Management
- Physiotherapy in Sports injuries
- Physiotherapy as endurance exercises after liver/kidney transplant
- An essential aspect of physiotherapy treatment is rehabilitation, which may be required in order to re-educate a person to enable them to safely return to their normal life be it work ,sport.
- Following injury and periods of immobilisation, patients may be affected by muscle weakness and loss of function.
Physiotherapists use various techniques to rehabilitate and re-educate patients, such as:
- Teaching personalised exercise programmes
- Proprioceptive training
- Soft tissue massage